Jesus said to His disciples, “With men this [salvation, GC] is impossible; but with God all things are possible” (Matt. 19:26). Again He said, “Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless, not what I will, but what thou wilt” (Mk. 14:36). Perhaps you have heard the old adage “Anything is possible if you only believe.” But from the Bible we learn of some things that are not possible and will not happen. There are at least six things that are impossible:
1. It is impossible for mankind to be redeemed from sin with animal sacrifices. The Hebrew writer said, “For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins” (Heb. 10:4). This is because there is no sacrifice except the perfect sacrifice of Christ that will take away sins.
2. It is impossible for anyone to be saved without the cross of Christ (Mk. 14:35-
3. It is impossible for death to hold Jesus. Peter said on Pentecost, “Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it” (Acts 2:24).
4. Because of God’s promise and His oath, it is impossible for God to lie (Heb. 6:I8).
5. It is impossible for you to live on this earth without temptation. Jesus said, “It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come!” (Lk. 17:1).
6. It is impossible for you to please God without faith. The Hebrew writer says, “But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him” (Heb. l l:6). Though we understand that these things are impossible, according to the Scriptures, there are some amazing things that seem impossible but that are possible in Christ!
The obedient are able to have remission of sins (Acts 2:38).
The unbelieving sinner by obedience is able to become a changed, righteous Christian!
Those who live faithfully on earth can enter Heaven, which is beautiful beyond description! (Rev. 2:10).
And it is possible that we can be great servants of our Lord, despite the weaknesses and frailties with which we wrestle! (Rom. 6:1-
By living in Christ faithfully, others are able to see Christ living through us! Jesus said, “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your father which is in heaven” (Matt. 5:16). It is true that Christians serve an infinitely powerful, gracious, merciful, and resourceful God!
Will you become a Christian today?
Gary Colley, Good News From Getwell, Jan. 30, 2017.